Have you clicked on My Love of Cooking & Entertaining tab? NO? Well, this is what it says:
I love to cook. When I was younger, I wasn’t the best at it but who is right? I mean, I wouldn’t have made the show Worst Cooks In America or anything like that but I did fix a lot of hamburger and chicken. I thought that grilled marinated chicken breasts in Italian dressing was gourmet. And in that time of my life, it was! I had never really cooked. I didn’t have to! Fast forward many years and I conquered my intimidation of creating new takes on different dishes.
Tonight was one of those nights. I have never been a real fan of white sauces. I was never a fan of chili either until I created my own so that most likely explains the not being a fan of white sauces – that is until I created this one this evening. I’ve done some research on what goes into a white sauce and then tweaked it to make it my own and the result is – I liked it. I liked it a whole lot. Family approved too I might add.
While in Columbus last weekend, we had a catered meal in after attending my niece’s high school graduation. I dissected the pasta dish we had and it was quite wonderful thus leading me to create tonight’s dish that I am sharing with you. Don’t let the instructions deter you. I am breaking it down step-by-step making it easier for you!
- 1 bag of cooked salad shrimp; thawed (I used Aldi’s)
- 3 Tablespoons Real Non-Salted Butter; Divided 1 1/2 Each
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic; Minced
- 1 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/3 Cup Each; Asiago, White Cheddar, Shaved Parmesan, Mozzarella
- 8 ounces Spaghetti; I used a handful broken into thirds
- Broccoli; small head + Badia Complete Seasoning
- 10 Asparagus Stalks
- Sea Salt
- Chicken Bullion Cube
Prep & Cooking Instructions:
- Thaw salad shrimp either ahead of time or in a colander in the sink rinsing with cold water until thaw.
- Once thawed, pat dry and set aside.
- Clean asparagus and broccoli. Remove excess water.
- Remove an inch from the end of the asparagus and discard. Then cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Grate Asiago & White Cheddar Cheeses. Place in a bowl and mix with the Mozzarella and the shaved Parmesan. Set aside.
- In a separate microwaveable bowl, cut off the florets of broccoli. Drizzle some olive oil over the broccoli and add the Badia Complete Seasoning to taste. Mix with a spatula and microwave covered for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Mince peeled garlic.
- In a large skillet, melt over medium heat while being careful not to brown/burn the 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Butter along with the olive oil. Add garlic and stir constantly not to burn then add salad shrimp. Cook until the shrimp is opaque.
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Place cut asparagus in the skillet with the other 1 1/2 Tablespoons of butter. Cook until a bright green. About 3 minutes. Pull from heat.
- Bring a pot of water to boil with Sea Salt added for flavor. Add spaghetti and cook for 8 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and add 1 chicken bullion cube. Place in microwave for one minute to dissolve bullion cube.
- Drain spaghetti.
NOW FOR THE GOOD STUFF
- Add water flavored with the bullion cube to the skillet with the asparagus and butter.
- Add the heavy cream.
- Add cooked spaghetti. Stir to incorporate the water, asparagus and heavy cream.
- Bring to a slow boil. Stir. Add cheese mixture. Stir to melt and coat spaghetti. Reduce heat.Cook until desired sauce thickness.
- Add shrimp. Stir.
- Add broccoli. Stir.
- SERVE & ENJOY!!
I paired Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio with this meal and it was perfect. If you make this, please let me know if you love it as much as we did!
XOXO ~ PGWW